Showing 7 from 7 Items

Count:
Sort by:
Order:

Early in the fourth quarter of the nineteenth century, Hazmieh was still a small village inhabited by few landlords and dozens of farmers. In 1878, Mr. Gibran Farah donated a plot of land to build a small church in the name of Mar Roukoz. With the…

(Maronite community). A small church from the estate of the late Elias Alaarani, that accommodates about 150 persons. It was inaugurated by His Holiness Ignatius Ziada Bishop of the diocese at that time. Its small size creates an atmosphere of…

(Maronite community). It is located on one of the most important sites in Hazmieh, close to Mar Takla square and has given its name to the residential center in Upper Hazmieh. It was founded in 1918 on the estate of Al Asmar Family. The new church…

(The Melkite Catholic community). Founded in 1988 and inaugurated by His Holiness Habib Pasha, God bless his soul, this church can accommodate about 350 people.  It contains a library of more than 20,000 books in Arabic, French and English that…

Latin Community – In front of TV Lebanon. The construction started in 1965 and was completed in 1968. The church was inaugurated by then Father Boulos Bassim, who later became Bishop of Latins. An almost free school for children of the region has…

Center of Hazmieh – Roman Orthodox Community. The construction began in 1950, but did not open its doors to the believers before 1955. Now it can accommodate about 250 seated people. The Church is characterized by traditional arched stone…

Roman Orthodox Community – New Mar Takla The land was bought in 1994 but the construction effectively started in 1996 and is in the verge of completion. It is expected to accommodate about 750 people (seated). We must remember that most of…

Testimonials  |  Info: There are no items created, add some please.